For those that are not aware Story Homes have now
submitted revised plans for the housing development north of Sycamore Close Endmoor, as concerns were raised about the original plans by the Parish Council, Highways, CCC, SLDC and members of the
public. The Parish Council has gone through the revised plans and below is our response to them as forwarded to SLDC Planning.
Further concerns were raised by CCC and as yet it is unclear whether
these have been addressed, the Parish Council has written to CCC and is awaiting a response to the following.
- Has the access on to the A65 now been changed to meet the required standard?
- Data on surface water has now been provided does this now meet with your approval?
- We have spoken with the Country Access Officer at CCC regarding the 2 footpaths the proposed detention basin obstructs but
have no outcome yet, could you please advise if this has been dealt with and what measures have been taken to ensure the continued use of these footpaths?
- We also recognise the need to integrate this development into the community and as such are waiting to speak with Story
Homes regarding this matter what solutions if any have been offered to you?
- Has the problem of insufficient parking for the number of houses on this development been overcome, a shortfall of between
61 – 91 parking spaces was quoted by you, if this problem has been overcome could you please explain how?
16 October 2017 - The Parish
Council's response to the Story Homes plans which raised many concerns including the problem of Waste water treatment, low water pressure, no bungalows in the mix of housing, no link between the
new development and the village, the lack of an overall cohesive plan showing not least the topology of the site, agreement between all the different plans which is not the current situation. Please
see below document for full details or the below summary.
19 September 2017 - Story Homes have submitted their plans for 106 new houses this can be viewed by clicking here and
inputting SL/2017/0841 being the planning application number
14 September 2017 - SLDC have now published the Development Brief for the site on the level North Sycamore please
click here should you which to view this.
THE INSPECTORS FINDINGS HAVE FOUND
ALL SITES FOR PRESTON RICHARD TO BE SOUND AND AS SUCH WILL BE GOING AHEAD IN PHASES - FOR FURTHER DETAILS SEE SLDC'S WEB SITE
Click here for more details
GLENN SMITHERS AND PETER WATSON ATTENDED THE HEARING ON BEHALF OF THE PARISH COUNCIL - PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW THEIR REPORT TO THE